Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 4 San Juan to Rincon


We got up early and while Sylvia was packing (ugh! men), I walked up the street to another hundred year old city institution for breakfast called La Bombonera. It’s kind of hard to describe as anything other than a diner, but it’s unlike any I’ve ever been to and I’d recommend that anyone who enjoys diners should go there if they’re ever in old San Juan. After breakfast and packing we walked down the street to the Sheraton and picked up the rental car and headed on to Rincon. The drive was thankfully uneventful and we checked into the Lazy Parrot Inn around one o’clock. The Lazy Parrot is small twenty one room inn with a very good restaurant and a small pool bar (Rum Shack) that has its own menu (I think I’m going to like it here). While we waited for our room to be ready, we had lunch at the Rum Shack and chatted with some other guests and were told that we arrived during a major surfing competition. I hadn’t packed my board so I can’t participate, but maybe I’ll enter the Limbo contest as the evening progresses. When our room was ready we took the bags up to the room, did a little drive around town, and went right back to the Rum Shack. We stayed there the rest of the evening and had Sushi for dinner. Since the Lazy Parrot is such a small and cozy place it’s easy to get to know everybody and you have a very friendly atmosphere. This also seems to be a place where locals frequent. Tomorrow we’ll spend more time exploring the area and spend less time at the Rum Shack…yea, right.


I also heard there's going to be some strange event up there. I think it's called snow. I'm not sure what that is but I'm sure you'll let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you and what's-her-name that you picked a good time to be in the warm sunshine in PR. I'm guessing that you get weather reports there so I can't surprise you with the snow report for today. But I do want to see pictures of the limbo contest -- HOW LOW CAN YOU GO!

Happy to hear you're having fun and continuing to eat and drink your way around PR. Pretty soon, you guys will have drunk and eaten your way around the world.

Take care and have fun.

Love, Carol & Jack

Kim Smith said...

Sooo... How did the limbo contest go?? Did you win?