Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 17 Nice to Home

It was a long ride home but we made it with no real problems. It was a really nice 17 days and I would not have changed much except to have spent 3 or 4 more days in Nice and taken day trips by train to Monaco and several of the towns on the French Riveria. After driving more than 1500 miles in Provence, I did not see any other town that I would rather have stayed. Lourmarin was the near perfect place and for that we thank Larry and Roxanne for the suggestion. If anyone's planning a trip to Provence I would suggest that they bone up on their French.

2 comments:

Sonja said...

Welcome back! Enjoyed the blog and glad everything went smoothly. I ate vicariously through you guys and didn't gain an ounce! :-)

Sonja

Skip said...

I was late reading your last few updates on your trip, but, finally did.

You make the trip sound awfully nice.

Glad you had a great time and back home safe and sound.

Hopefully see you soon when you come to Reading.
skip