Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 5 Fernandina Beach

After three busy and very good days with Jack, Carol and Sammy the goofy cat, we left for Fernandina Beach - a cute little old town just off 95 on Amelia Island on the Florida Georgia border. It's one of my favorite stops that Sylvia had never been to. A day there seemed like a good idea. We checked into the Hampton Inn and walked the town with a lunch stop at Jack and Diane's little restaurant. It was pleasant, but I'm not sure I'd go back. We spent most of the day walking and eventually settled for dinner at Pablo's Mexican restaurant. It was an excellent choice. The service was good, the food was outstanding and the Margaritas as good as any I've ever had. Each one was individuality made with ample tequila - a definite go-back-to place. There's nothing I wouldn't order.

No comments: