Saturday, January 14, 2012

Days 3 and 4 Bluffton,SC

We had a very good several days with Jack and Carol visiting the local establishments. On day 3 we had lunch at the Bluffton Oyster house. It's little restaurant that was just opened by an old established oyster and fish purveyor in Bluffton. Obviously the oysters were very good, as was the beer. For dinner the four of us met some old Solomons friends Susan and Ed at Pour Richards bistro. That was really good! I had a burger with fois gras - how could that be bad? It was wonderful seeing everybody and had a very entertaining evening.

Saturday we drove around Hilton Head and stopped in some shops including Michael Anthony's little deli. A lunch stop at the Skull Creek Boat House was interesting. Sylvia and Carol weren't too happy with their food, but I had absolutely terrific fried belly-on Ipswich clams. That more than made up for Sylvia and Carol's meal (at least as far as I was concerned) - I didn't share. Afterwards we went back to the house and watched the football games.

2 comments:

Carol in HHI said...

Loved having you guys. Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

I'm a little surprised to read that you forgot to tell everyone there was no hot water for your morning shower. You've never missed an opportunity to whine about something! But you got to meet Lisa the Plumber. That more than made up for the lack of hot water.

Happy travels.

Bill said...

I didn't want to embarrass you. I just thought it was normal that you
didn't provide your guests with hot water.
I'm glad I brought ice for our drinks.