Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 22 Odds and Ends

Not much to report the past few days. Things have been mostly uneventful. There wasn't much sun today which, I suppose was good, since I was beginning to get sunburned...why am I smiling as I write this? Like I said, not much happening here, so just a few thoughts about the few things we have been doing. Obviously we've spent some time at the Red Bar and Shorty's. The good news is that we're now considered "locals" since both places are charging us local prices for drinks which are significantly different than tourist prices. We've also been to the Hurricane Oyster Bar and Grill several times and had delicious oysters. For their happy hour you get a dozen oysters for five dollars and a beer for a dollar. Imagine, a dozen great oysters, four beers, and you get change back from a ten dollar bill. Another place right next to the Hurricane is the Pickle Factory, which is a pizza, beer, and wine bar that an older guy from Chicago/New York/Thailand opened a couple of months ago. He makes one of the best thinnest and lightest crusted pizzas I've ever had and since it's a small place and is mostly empty, he's been kinda trying to teach me how to duplicate it...I don't think I can, but I WILL try. He enjoys us stopping by and chatting.

3 comments:

Randy said...

It is currently 0 degrees F in NH, but no snow. Wear something to cover your face if you bike down here.

Fitz said...

17 degrees and 6" snow so far in Solomons at 2:30PM. Enjoy your sunburn.

Anonymous said...

i keep forgetting to "favorite" your blog and dad sent me the link today. got a kick out of reading about the recent days in florida. also got me very HUNGRY. :)
i am sitting here eating veggie beef soup i made this week when i cleaned out all the leftover/frozen veggies in the fridge. not quite oysters...we just got back from skiing up north today. sam is doing great (his first year skiing) and we had beers (bard's wheat free for me!) with friends there to end the day. good live music too to boot. thinking i might need to make a trip down to the panhandle this winter. sounds like the food, music and company is too good to pass up. xo tracy