Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 5 Nantucket

Today was to be one of the grand wine tastings, so we thought we'd be smart and have a nice breakfast, skip lunch, go to the tasting and have an early dinner. Of course it didn't quite work out that way. Breakfast at Black-Eyed Susans was very good and champagne at Arno's was even better. Sylvia and Mica went shopping and after the champagne Fred and I went to the Whaling Museum where we again ran into JJ. At this point I just knew trouble was brewing. The tasting was at at noon and it was a two hour event that consisted of over 200 wines and tons of food. It was probably one of the better wine events I have ever been too. It was really enjoyable. Afterwards we met back up with JJ and he drove us over to the other side of the island to a very upscale beach restaurant called the Wauwinet Inn. More champagne and a few bites to eat later and we were off again to some other parts of the island. Sylvia and I decided to call it quits (Mica was smarter and had quit a few hours earlier). Fred and JJ headed off into the unknown. For some stupid reason Sylvia and I thought it would be a good idea to go to Captain Tobey's Chowder House for one last drink. Oh well, maybe tomorrow I'll be smarter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a ball.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that there's still room on the liver transplant list for you guys when you get back home!!!!!

Love and stay safe,

Carol