Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 7 Nantucket to Kennebunkport


It was a rainy miserable day as we took the ferry from Nantucket to Hyannis. It did clear up though on the drive up coast on route 1A as we passed through some extraordinary New Hampshire and Maine towns. At 4 o'clock We decided to stop and spend the night in Kennebunkport, Maine. We drove by George and Barb Bush's house, but the idiotic doorman wouldn't let us in. So instead we checked in at the old historic Kennebunkport Inn and walked the town. I get hungry for lobster every five or six years and today was one of those days so we found what was supposed to be a good place called Mabel's Lobster House. I proceeded to order a Lobster Bake with Clam Chowder, two dozen clams, a few side dishes and a whole lobster (pictured). I followed that all up with a homemade wild blueberry pie. Sylvia amused herself by sitting there watching me swell up like an old toadfish. It was a great New England meal but, obviously it turned out to be an early evening as I waddled back to the hotel. Tomorrow we head to Sylvia's sister's lake cabin in Bridgeton, Maine where I hope to walk some of this off.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Tell Sylvia, I'm so jealous you are in Maine..my fave place! Think of me as I sit here stuffing new memberships into envelopes..lucky dog