Thursday, October 15, 2015

Day 11 Edinburgh

Got up early, had a quick breakfast and drove a rather hectic hour to the Dublin airport. The flight was okay, it only took an hour, but it was delayed an hour and at capacity. Once we got our luggage it was a short walk to the Tram which took us within two blocks of the hotel we were staying in. The Hotel Ballantrae wasn't a great hotel, but it was good enough to spend the next five nights in and it was located right where we wanted to be. We were over here for Lindsay's wedding and all the events were in this neighborhood.
The Dome

The Dome
 Soon after checking in I texted Fred and Mica and arranged to meet them for lunch at the All Bar One next to the Hotel George where they were staying. After a couple of hours of catching up, Mica went back to the room and Fred, Sylvia and I went across the street to The Dome, an absolutely unbelievable restaurant that until 20 years ago was a very impressive bank. The pictures do not come close to doing it justice, just a fabulous bar. After a drink there, Sylvia went back to the room and Fred and I hit a few places in succession, 99 Hanover Street, Bramble, and The George. We were feeling pretty chipper by the time we met Mica and Sylvia at 7:30 and walked over to The Barony to meet Lindsay, her husband to be, Dave, and a bunch of people over here for the wedding. It was really good to see people I hadn't seen in a lot of years. It was a great get together of about 20-30 people in a cozy old pub that Lindsay and Dave frequent. As expected  Sylvia and Mica left before Fred and I. I'm not really sure when I got back to the hotel, but at least I found it. I don't think I took the most direct route.
The Dome

No comments: