Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Day 16 Edinburgh - Dublin

After checking out of the hotel, and since we didn't have to get to the airport until 5, we went for another long walk. There wee stumbled on a section of town, just behind the castle, called the Grass Market. I wish I had known about that several days ago. It looked like a neat place to spend some time. There's a lot of interesting old shops, pubs, and food. One place roasted a whole pig.

It was a little too early to eat, so I missed out on a good food opportunity. We also stopped in the Scotland National Gallery for an hour and I was amazed. What a great art gallery, it might be as good as our own National Gallery. It's not as big, but it has a lot of great art and artists from the 15th and 16th centuries.

We found a tiny French cafe on Thistle street called Cafe Marlayne. We ordered a bottle of Rose and Sylvia got a Roasted Female(?) Duck Leg, and I had a Black Ink Risotto with Squid for an appetizer and for the entree, I ordered Calves Liver. Everything was both reasonable and exceptional, and I would absolutely go back there again. Afterwards we went back to the hotel to get our bags and catch the tram to the airport. We arrived at the Dublin Airport around nine, caught a cab to the hotel, and checked in. Tomorrow we leave for home.
Risotto and Squid











No comments: