Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Day 21 Crescent City, California

Finally made California, only by 20 miles though. It was a pretty good drive, about half near the ocean and half in the mountains. As soon as we got within 30 miles of California it started drizzling and never stopped. It was kind of strange because if you looked at the radar it didn't show up as rain, just clouds. We stopped a lot to take pictures. In some sections it seems as though there's scenic view pull-off's every mile or two. We stopped for lunch in Mattie's in Brookings, Oregon for a quick bite. Small cafe with nice people, excellent choice.

Once we checked in, Sylvia did laundry and I went across the street to where the commercial fishing fleet docked. There were at least 100 crab boats with thousands of crab pots stored in the parking lot. I talked to one of the fishermen and he did say that the weather is always like this, rain and drizzle. Too bad, what a pretty place.

By evening Sylvia wasn't feeling too well (flu we think), so I went searching for something to eat by myself. Things were really slow, but I did see a tiny Mexican cafe with a Negra Modelo sign in the window. It might as well have had my name on it. Perlita's was a perfect stop, small and no gringo's, except me. I had the special, enchilada and a tamale, Modelo too. I took some really good chicken soup back for Sylvia. She still wasn't hungry. Not sure how far we'll get tomorrow.

This is one of my better pictures
Oregon Coast
If you look close or blow it up you can see a guy bending over near the rock.


One of a hundred like it in Crescent City

Typical Crabber

Thousands of Crab Pots

2 comments:

Frony said...

Get well, Sylvia.

Unknown said...

It all looks like a great trip. Hope Sylvia feels better soon and that she doesn’t share.