Saturday, January 20, 2018

Days 28, 29, 30, 31 Austin, Texas

Got to Fred and Mica's on Wednesday after what seemed like a very long drive. Their condo is on the top floor of a 43 story building and has a fantastic view of downtown Austin. We had a great time running around Austin, it's a really active city and we covered a lot of it. I can't even begin to name all the places we went or all the food we consumed, but two that I do remember and will never forget are Clark's Oyster Bar and Perry's Steakhouse and Grill. Two places that I for sure would recommend that everyone go to. Perry's especially for the Friday lunch special Pork Chop. It's a half order of their normal smoked pork chop. Sylvia and I split it and still didn't finish it. Best of all it's fabulous, never had a more tender and moist chop. I saw the dinner one and it's 4 ribs thick and about 7 inches high - whew! I wouldn't begin to explain Clark's except to say they had 20 different kinds of oysters and, I don't know, everything's just so good especially if you're up for raw fish.

An added treat was Terry Lin, a friend we worked with in Harrisburg , came in for the evening. We all got together and talked old times, then Terry, Fred, and I went out for drinks and drinks and drinks...another whew!

We're leaving tomorrow morning (Sunday) for the Gulf Coast of Florida, but we'll break up the trip by spending the night in Lafayette, Louisiana.
View from Fred and Mica's condo
Perry's Pork Chop



No comments: